Louis Albert Creasy
Lewis Albert Creasy, 92, died on Monday, November 9, 2009, at his Roanoke home. He was born on February 21, 1917, the sixth of seven children of John Will and Theodocia Creasy, and graduated from Jefferson High School in 1935. An employee of the Norfolk and Western Railway for 44 years, Lewis retired in 1979 as assistant to the general manager, Eastern Region. He was a Master Sergeant with the Combat Engineers in the Pacific Theater of World War II, participating in operations on Angaur and Peleliu Islands, and with the occupation troops in Japan. Lewis was a devoted member of Calvary Baptist Church, and served in many capacities, including chairman of the finance committee and as deacon emeritus. He was a member of American Legion Post #3, and was active in the Beta Tau social fraternity for more than 70 years.
Lewis loved to play golf and kept a standing breakfast date with the members of his foursome long after he gave up his clubs. A bowler on N&W teams in his younger years, he was elected to the executive committee and the Hall of Fame of both the Roanoke Bowling Association and the Virginia State Bowling Association. Lewis was an avid recycler and was proud to have donated 19� gallons of blood to the Red Cross in his lifetime. At age 80, he wrote his autobiography, “My Life So Far,” for his daughters.
He is now reunited with Dorothy Tate Creasy, to whom he was married for 60 years; as well as his parents; three brothers; and three sisters.
Surviving him are two daughters, Cynthia B. Creasy and her husband, Edward J. Spyhalski, of Richmond, and Anne Creasy Dail and her husband, Lieutenant General (retired) Robert T. Dail, of Leesburg; three granddaughters, Amy Rebecca Dail, of Chesapeake, and Elizabeth Tate Dail and Katherine Cherry Dail, of Leesburg; as well as a number of nieces and nephews.
Those wishing to honor Lewis’ memory might consider a donation to Calvary Baptist Church, the Calvary Baptist Foundation, the Southwestern Virginia Second Harvest Food Bank or the Hunger Relief Ministry Society of St. Andrew.