2010 USBC Annual Convention Concludes
The 2010 Annual USBC Convention concluded Saturday (May 1). Here is an overview of some of the announcements and amendments.
- creation of a new independent corporation to oversee and manage SMART funds
- a new credit card partnership with Nationwide that gives card users free USBC national membership and other bowling-related benefits
- U.S. Women’s Open on hiatus for 2011
- U.S. Bowler magazine will be an electronic-only publication
- U.S. Youth Bowler will continue to be mailed to homes
- 2011 USBC Intercollegiate Team Championships will be broadcast exclusively on BOWL.com
- LEAGUE RULES
- Rule 102c: Requires bank statements to be sent to the president
- Rule 102f: Changes the time frame for retaining treasurer records from 120 days to one year from completion of the season
- Rule 106a: Allows for each game or frame to be bowled on a different pair of lanes
- Rule 111c: Gives leagues more flexibility for requesting pre/post bowling
- TOURNAMENT RULES
- Rule 319a: Treats all averages, including summer averages the same
- Rule 320a: Allows for each tournament game or frame to be bowled on a different pair of lanes
- Rule 329: Changes the time frame for protesting rule infractions to 72 hours and the time frame for appealing tournament management’s decision to 10 days
Posted on May 2, 2010, in Bowling News and tagged League, Tournament, USBC. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
As of right now, if you go to http://www.bowl.com and look on the right-hand side (you might have to scroll down a little), there is a place you can click on to open the current issue. If you don’t have a computer, you most likely would have to go to a public place (like a library) to see it. I understand having to cut costs, but there are still a lot of people without internet access or still using dial-up.
How do we get the U.S. Bowlers magazine on our computers? What happens if a bowler doesn’t have a computer. I for one like the magazine being published but understand the expense.
Pingback: USBC 2010 Annual Convention Results « Roanoke Valley Bowling WebSite