Entry forms are now available under the Virginia State USBC Tournaments page for the following 2021 tournaments:
- 2021 Annual Mixed Handicap Tournament (Manassas/Chantilly)
- 2021 High School Tournament (Midlothian)
- 2021 Annual Women’s Tournament (Salem/Christiansburg)
- 2021 Annual Open Tournament (Harrisonburg/Staunton)
- 2021 Annual Youth Tournament (Mechanicsville/Richmond)
- 2021 Annual Senior Tournament (Salem/Christiansburg)
Due to ongoing COVID-19-related issues, the 2020 Virginia State Senior Tournament has been cancelled. Tournament Director Sheila Hicks will be issuing refund checks to the team captains that have already sent in their entries.
Hello Virginia State USBC Bowlers. We wanted to give you an update with all the misinformation that is circulating right now.
- The Virginia State USBC Women’s Tournament IS CANCELLED. We plan to reschedule at a later date, if possible. Refunds are being mailed to the team captains, but please be patient.
- The Virginia State USBC Open, scheduled to start on May 16, IS STILL A GO AT THIS TIME. The Virginia State Board of Directors are scheduled to hold a meeting on April 19, 2020 to discuss going forward with this Tournament.
- The Virginia State Board of Directors and Delegates Annual Meeting scheduled for May 9, 2020 IS CANCELLED. Please let your representatives know.
- Please follow us here or on Facebook for information.
Johnny Harris, Virginia State USBC Association Manager
Hello fellow Virginia State bowlers:
With the events of the last few days, the Virginia Women’s State Tournament has been cancelled. Tournament Director Anne Ray will be issuing refund checks to the team captains in the next few days. We will visit the possibility of holding the Tournament later once this crisis has passed. We regret having to make this decision and will miss seeing you all.
The Virginia State Board of Directors will meet on April 19, 2020, to determine what action, if any, will be taken on the Virginia State Open Tournament scheduled to start May 16, 2020. Please follow the Virginia State USBC website for updated information.
Also, the decision has been made to cancel the Virginia State Annual Meeting on May 9, 2020 in Richmond, Virginia.
We wish you well and good health until we can see you again.
Johnny Harris, Virginia State USBC, Association Manager
At this time (March 13, 2020), the Virginia State Women’s and Open Tournaments are happening as scheduled. The Women’s Tournament is scheduled to start March 28/29, 2020 and the Open Tournament is scheduled to start May 16/17, 2020.
If you have a need to postpone, reschedule or cancel your entry, please contact the respective Tournament Managers (contact information listed at the bottom of this notice.)
The Virginia State USBC is committed to the health and safety of its membership and we continue to monitor the development of the COVID-19 pandemic. Updates to this will be posted as soon as possible.